Floor Maintenance: Amtico Floors
Routine Maintenance of Domestic Amtico Floors
Appropriate maintenance procedures will help preserve the appearance and extend the life of an Amtico ﬂoor. The frequency of maintenance will depend on the amount and type of trafﬁc, degree of soiling and the ﬂoor colour and type.
Where possible, PREVENT dirt from reaching the ﬂoor. A suitable barrier matting system will help prevent soiling and abrasive material from entering a building and make maintenance easier.
Daily Sweeping and Dust Mopping
Thoroughly sweep ﬂoor area using non-treated dust mop or dustpan and brush. Maintain barrier matting by shaking externally or vacuuming.
Prepare solution of Amtico International FloorCare Maintainer diluted in accordance with instructions on the container.
- Apply a solution using a well wrung mop to remove soiling.
- Mop using overlapping strokes.
- Rinse the mop frequently and change the solution as necessary.
- Dirty water will leave an unsightly residue on the surface.
Allow entire ﬂoor area to dry thoroughly. Ensure all equipment is cleaned thoroughly after use and stored safely.
Any scuff marks that are not removed during routine cleaning may be gently rubbed with a non-abrasive or nylon pad of the type used on non-stick cookware.
Dealing with spillages.
- Spills of water, grease, food, chemicals and other foreign matter may cause the ﬂoor to become slippery.
- Wipe up all spills immediately with an absorbent cloth, then wash thoroughly with Amtico International FloorCare Spillage Remover until the spill area is completely clean.
- Rinse and allow to dry thoroughly.
Periodic Maintenance of Domestic Amtico Floors
At least once a year, ﬂ oors should be stripped thoroughly using Amtico International FloorCare Stripper to remove in-grained dirt and ﬂoor dressing if applied.
Stripping The Floor
Prepare a solution of Amtico International FloorCare Stripper using hot water as per the instructions on the container. Carefully follow all safety instructions, particularly noting that the ﬂ oor can become slippery during the stripping process.
- Apply plenty of solution over a manageable area.
- Allow 10 - 15 minutes contact time.
- Agitate solution with mop. Do not allow slurry to dry.
- Remove slurry with mop and bucket. Rinse ﬂoor twice with clean water, allow to dry.
Application of FloorCare Dressing if required
- Pour quantity of Amtico International FloorCare Dressing into bucket.
- Using clean mop or ﬂ at-type applicator, load with dressing, and partially wring out. Starting at the furthest point from the exit, apply a thin even coat around the perimeter and then apply to the main ﬂ oor with overlapping passes.
- Allow to dry (approx 30 mins).
- Apply second coat at right angles to ﬁ rst coat and allow to dry (approx. 30 mins).
Ensure all equipment is cleaned thoroughly after use and stored safely.
Do not use the same equipment for the application of FloorCare Dressing as used for stripping.
Suitable entrance matting, when properly serviced, can be effective in removing abrasive and foreign materials from foot trafﬁc and reduce the amount of tracked in water.
More guides at our Floor Advice Centre