Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at Best4flooring and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. Best4flooring is also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This policy, which applies whether you visit our stores, use your mobile device or go on line, provides you with information about:
- How we use your data;
- What personal data we collect;
- How we ensure your privacy is maintained; and
- Your legal rights relating to your personal data.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
Best4flooring (and trusted partners acting on our behalf) uses your personal data:
- To provide goods and services to you;
- To make a tailored website available to you;
- To manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us;
- To verify your identity;
- For crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- With your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
- For market research purposes - to better understand your needs;
- To enable Best4flooring Ltd to manage customer service interactions with you; and
- Where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
Best4flooring aims to update you about products & services which are of interest and relevance to you as an individual and we use your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your consent).
We send these updates using a
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our newsletter.
As part of the registration process for our monthly e-newsletter, we collect personal information. We use that information for a couple of reasons: to tell you about stuff you’ve asked us to tell you about; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied. We don't rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time and you can do this by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by by email at email@example.com.
Web Banner Advertising
If you visit our websites, you may receive personalised banner advertisements whilst browsing other websites. Any banner advertisements you see will relate to products you have viewed whilst browsing our websites on your computer or other devices.
Sharing data with third parties
Our service providers and suppliers
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners (data processors).
Best4flooring only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your data to provide services to Best4flooring and to you, and for no other purposes.
Our data processors include:
- Website development provider
- Hosting Provider
- Reviews service (see DPA )
- Online marketing providers such as Google (see Google Data Processing and Privacy Policies) and Bing (see Microsoft privacy statement).
Other third parties
Aside from our service providers, Best4flooring will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with:
- Credit reference agencies where necessary for card payments;
- Governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so: -
- To comply with our legal obligations;
- To exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
- For the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
- For the protection of our employees and customers.
To deliver products and services to you, it is sometimes necessary for Best4flooring to share your data outside of the European Economic Area. This will typically occur when service providers are located outside the EEA or if you are based outside the EEA. These transfers are subject to special rules under data protection laws.
If this happens, we will ensure that the transfer will be compliant with data protection law and all personal data will be secure. Our standard practice is to use ‘standard data protection clauses’ which have been approved by the European Commission for such transfers. Those clauses can be accessed here.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. However, different retention periods apply for different types of data and many of our products come with long warranties which requires data is retained for the duration.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
Best4flooring may collect the following information about you:
- Your name, age/date of birth and gender;
- Your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
- Purchases and orders made by you;
- Your on-line browsing activities on our websites;
- Your password(s);
- When you make a purchase or place an order with us, your payment card details;
- Your communication and marketing preferences;
- Your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- Your location;
- Your correspondence and communications with us
- Other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page).
Our websites are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you set up an on-line account on our websites, or send an email to our customer services team. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example your browsing or shopping activity. We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
Best4flooring is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
Our security measures include: -
- Encryption of data;
- Regular cyber security assessments of all service providers who may handle your personal data;
- Regular scenario planning and crisis management exercises to ensure we are ready to respond to cyber security attacks and data security incidents;
- Frequent penetration testing of systems;
- Security controls which protect the entire Best4flooring IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access; and
- Internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP PROTECT YOUR DATA
Best4flooring will never ask you to confirm any bank account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from Best4flooring asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
If you are using a computing device in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session.
In addition, we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety both in relation to Best4flooring and more generally: -
- Keep your account passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
- When creating a password, use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use dictionary words, your name, email address, or other personal data that can be easily obtained. We also recommend that you frequently change your password. You can do this accessing your account, clicking ‘your account’, clicking ‘your data’ and selecting ‘change password’.
- Avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
You have the following rights:
- The right to ask for a copy of personal data that we hold about you (the right of access);
- The right (in certain circumstances) to request that we delete personal data held on you; where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it (the right of erasure or to be forgotten);
- The right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you (the right of rectification);
- The right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you and to object to us using / holding your personal data if we have no legitimate reasons to do so (the right to object);
- The right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to ‘restrict processing of data’; which means that we would need to secure and retain the data for your benefit but not otherwise use it (the right to restrict processing); and
- The right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to supply you with some of the personal data we hold about you in a structured machine-readable format and/or to provide a copy of the data in such a format to another organisation (the right to data portability).
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
LEGAL BASIS FOR BEST4FLOORING PROCESSING CUSTOMER PERSONAL DATA
We are required to set out the legal basis for our ‘processing’ of personal data.
Best4flooring collects and uses customers’ personal data because is it necessary for:
- The pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below);
- The purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a customer; or
- Complying with our legal obligations.
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing personal data in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers via email or text message.
Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
Our legitimate interests
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of Best4flooring, including:-
- Selling and supplying goods and services to our customers;
- Protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- Promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
- Sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers;
- Understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
- Improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
- Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- Preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
- Handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- Managing insurance claims by customers;
- Protecting Best4flooring, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to Best4flooring;
- Effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against Best4flooring; and
- Fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
Best4flooring has appointed a Data Protection Officer to ensure we protect the personal data of our customers (and others) and comply with data protection legislation.
If you have any questions about how Best4flooring uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Write to: Data Protection Officer, Best4Flooring LTD Units 1-4 Vernon Ind Est Stockport, Cheshire United Kingdom SK1 2NQ
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk.
This policy was last updated in June 2018.