Floor Sample FAQs
- Why are Floor Samples Important?
- How Big Are Your Floor Samples?
- How Many Floor Samples Can I Request?
- How Are Floor Samples Sent?
- How Do I Order a Floor Sample?
- Will You Reserve Stock If I Order a Flooring Sample?
- Is There a Charge For Floor Samples?
Don't see your question? Get in touch.
We believe it is important that you get to see and touch the flooring before you buy and this is why offer to send samples.
- Generous Size
- Dispatched within 24 hours (Mon-Fri)
- No Obligation
- Order Updates
- Hassle Free
We recommend that you always get a sample before ordering the full sized product. Not only do you get to road test the supplier but you want to be sure you are choosing the right product.
We do our best to provide great images and our customers send in lovely snaps to help you choose too, but sending off for a sample means you get to feel the texture, examine the quality and colour match against the rest of your decor and colour scheme.
About the website images, these are included to represent how the product might look in a particular setting but there are so many factors that change how that same flooring might look in YOUR home. A website image can appear completely different on one device/computer screen to another. The lighting on the lifestyle photo could be artificial lighting from a studio or it could be natural lighting from an actual installation. People see colours differently. Have you ever debates whether something is blue or green? And what about the famous White and Gold Dress (or was it blue and black)?
So please, request a no obligation floor sample and get touchy feely with it. See how it looks in your own home when the morning sun is blazing through your windows and again in the evening when you have the lamps and candles lit. Match it against the walls and furniture. And if it turns out the sample(s) we sent are not suitable for whatever reason, please feel free to come back and request more samples of other floor products.
- Porcelain tile samples are full sized.
- Sheet vinyl samples are a generous size, approx A4.
- LVT and Wood samples are sized approximately 135mm x 180mm (A5)
- If you have a specific request that is not offered on the website please contact us to discuss.
You can request up to 3 samples free of charge (UK Mainland).
A charge will be automatically applied if you add more than 3 samples to the your basket.
Your samples will be sent using Royal Mail and we find that most are delivered super quick and often by the next day but please allow up to 5 working days.
If you have a special request that is not offered via our website please contact us to discuss.
- Browse our products
- From the product page, click the 'Order Sample' button
- From the sample product page, add the sample to the basket
- Continue adding samples (up to 3)
There is no obligation to create a customer account or sign up to our mailing list (but it would be lovely to have you!).
We cannot send a sample if the main product is out of stock.
Requesting a sample does not guarantee the design or quantity will be available when you have made your choice and ready to order.
You are unable to request samples of a product that has already been marked out of stock.
We never reserve stock without an order.
- Porcelain samples are charged at £1.39 each
- All other floor samples are free.