This policy, which applies whether you visit our stores, use your mobile device or go on line, provides you with information about:
- How we use your data;
- What personal data we collect;
- How we ensure your privacy is maintained; and
- Your legal rights relating to your personal data.
How we use your data
Best4flooring (and trusted partners acting on our behalf) uses your personal data:
- To provide goods and services to you;
- To make a tailored website available to you;
- To manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us;
- To verify your identity;
- For crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- With your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
- For market research purposes - to better understand your needs;
- To enable Best4flooring Ltd to manage customer service interactions with you; and
- Where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
Best4flooring aims to update you about products & services which are of interest and relevance to you as an individual and we use your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your consent).
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our newsletter.
As part of the registration process for our monthly e-newsletter, we collect personal information. We use that information for a couple of reasons: to tell you about stuff you’ve asked us to tell you about; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied. We don't rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time and you can do this by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Web Banner Advertising
If you visit our websites, you may receive personalised banner advertisements whilst browsing other websites. Any banner advertisements you see will relate to products you have viewed whilst browsing our websites on your computer or other devices.
Sharing data with third parties
Our service providers and suppliers
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners (data processors).
Best4flooring only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your data to provide services to Best4flooring and to you, and for no other purposes.
Our data processors include:
- Website development provider
- Hosting Provider
- Reviews service (see DPA )
- Online marketing providers such as Google (see Google Data Processing and Privacy Policies) and Bing (see Microsoft privacy statement).
Other third parties
Aside from our service providers, Best4flooring will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with:
- Credit reference agencies where necessary for card payments;
- Governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so: -
- To comply with our legal obligations;
- To exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
- For the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
- For the protection of our employees and customers.
To deliver products and services to you, it is sometimes necessary for Best4flooring to share your data outside of the European Economic Area. This will typically occur when service providers are located outside the EEA or if you are based outside the EEA. These transfers are subject to special rules under data protection laws.
If this happens, we will ensure that the transfer will be compliant with data protection law and all personal data will be secure. Our standard practice is to use ‘standard data protection clauses’ which have been approved by the European Commission for such transfers. Those clauses can be accessed here.
How long we keep your data
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. However, different retention periods apply for different types of data and many of our products come with long warranties which requires data is retained for the duration.
What personal data we collect
Best4flooring may collect the following information about you:
- Your name, age/date of birth and gender;
- Your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
- Purchases and orders made by you;
- Your on-line browsing activities on our websites;
- Your password(s);
- When you make a purchase or place an order with us, your payment card details;
- Your communication and marketing preferences;
- Your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- Your location;
- Your correspondence and communications with us
- Other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page).
Our websites are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you set up an on-line account on our websites, or send an email to our customer services team. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example your browsing or shopping activity. We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources.
How we protect your data
Best4flooring is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
Our security measures include: -
- Encryption of data;
- Regular cyber security assessments of all service providers who may handle your personal data;
- Regular scenario planning and crisis management exercises to ensure we are ready to respond to cyber security attacks and data security incidents;
- Frequent penetration testing of systems;
- Security controls which protect the entire Best4flooring IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access; and
- Internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
What you can do to help protect your data
Best4flooring will never ask you to confirm any bank account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from Best4flooring asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
If you are using a computing device in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session.
In addition, we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety both in relation to Best4flooring and more generally: -
- Keep your account passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
- When creating a password, use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use dictionary words, your name, email address, or other personal data that can be easily obtained. We also recommend that you frequently change your password. You can do this accessing your account, clicking ‘your account’, clicking ‘your data’ and selecting ‘change password’.
- Avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
You have the following rights:
- The right to ask for a copy of personal data that we hold about you (the right of access);
- The right (in certain circumstances) to request that we delete personal data held on you; where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it (the right of erasure or to be forgotten);
- The right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you (the right of rectification);
- The right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you and to object to us using / holding your personal data if we have no legitimate reasons to do so (the right to object);
- The right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to ‘restrict processing of data’; which means that we would need to secure and retain the data for your benefit but not otherwise use it (the right to restrict processing); and
- The right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to supply you with some of the personal data we hold about you in a structured machine-readable format and/or to provide a copy of the data in such a format to another organisation (the right to data portability).
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
Legal basis to process customer's personal data
We are required to set out the legal basis for our ‘processing’ of personal data.
Best4flooring collects and uses customers’ personal data because is it necessary for:
- The pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below);
- The purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a customer; or
- Complying with our legal obligations.
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing personal data in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers via email or text message.
Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
Our legitimate interests
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of Best4flooring, including:-
- Selling and supplying goods and services to our customers;
- Protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- Promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
- Sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers;
- Understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
- Improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
- Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- Preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
- Handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- Managing insurance claims by customers;
- Protecting Best4flooring, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to Best4flooring;
- Effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against Best4flooring; and
- Fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by letting us know at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us at email@example.com as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Data Protection Officer
Best4flooring has appointed a Data Protection Officer to ensure we protect the personal data of our customers (and others) and comply with data protection legislation.
If you have any questions about how Best4flooring uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Write to: Data Protection Officer, Best4Flooring LTD Units 3-4 Pennine Industrial Estate, Gorsey Way, Stockport, Cheshire United Kingdom SK1 3DX
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk.
What are cookies?
How are cookies managed?
The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access our websites are designed by:
- Best4flooring, or on behalf of Best4floorin, and are necessary to enable you to a make purchases on our website;
- third parties who participate with us in marketing programmes; and
- third parties who broadcast web banner advertisements on behalf of Best4flooring.
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are: -
1. For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our websites, particularly in relation to on-line transactions and site navigation.
2. For Best4flooring to market to you, particularly web banner advertisements and targeted updates.
3. To enable Best4flooring to collect information about your browsing and shopping patterns, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
4. To enable Best4flooring meet its contractual obligations to make payments to third parties when a product is purchased by someone who has visited our website from a site operated by those parties (affiliates).
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below: -
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
2. Click on the “privacy” tab
3. Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
1. Choose Settings> Advanced
2. Under "Privacy and security," click “Content settings”.
3. Click “Cookies”
1. Choose Preferences > Privacy
2. Click on “Remove all Website Data”
For Mozilla firefox:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
2. Click on the icon “privacy”
3. Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
1. Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our sites. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase on our sites.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|Cookie Name||Cookie Description|
|FORM_KEY||Stores randomly generated key used to prevent forged requests.|
|PHPSESSID||Your session ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to view and edit their orders.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history, if you have asked for this.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|MAGE-CACHE-SESSID||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE-SECTION-INVALIDATION||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-TIMEOUT||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|SECTION-DATA-IDS||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|PRIVATE_CONTENT_VERSION||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|X-MAGENTO-VARY||Facilitates caching of content on the server to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-TRANSLATION-FILE-VERSION||Facilitates translation of content to other languages.|
|MAGE-TRANSLATION-STORAGE||Facilitates translation of content to other languages.|
Third Party Cookies
- Bing Advertising
- These track the performance of our advertising campaigns in search results on Bing websites. Find out how Bing uses your data here.
- Google Advertising
- These track the performance of our advertising campaigns in search results on Google wesbites. Find out more on how Google uses your data here.
- Google Analytics
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage
- Facebook and Instagram
- Add this
This page was last updated in September 2020.