Reasons I love natural grass.
- The smell when it is freshly cut.
- The smell when it has just rained.
- The feel of healthy thick grass underfoot.
- Watching my dog gleefully grunting and rubbing his back in the dew.
Reasons I'm not so keen on a natural lawn in the garden.
- Dog pee kills it and causes yellow patches. LOADS of them!
- The Mower is noisy - and my dogs don't like it.
- The sorry state it gets in during the wet, darker months.
- Which means muddy paw prints that transfer into the house.
- Mowing is strenuous (more so if using a manual power).
Reasons I have fallen in love with artificial grass.
- It doesn't need cutting.
- It looks like real grass.
- No. More. Muddy. Paws (well...unless they've been somewhere muddy)
- It's soft so still feels great underfoot.
- The dogs don't freak out at the sound of the mower anymore.
- It looks GREAT ALL YEAR.
- No more yellow patches when your girl dog pees on it because it washes away!
- The happiest dog in the world still gets to roll and rub his back in the morning dew.
- Did I mention, no more mowing?
That was almost a poem.